I can honestly say this is the worst August of my life.
Today has been a National Day like no other.
-Packing.
-Price-labelling.
-Running around taping flyers in the lifts.
-Finding out the security guards took them down.
-Slipping mini-flyers under people's doors,
praying so hard no one catches you.
-Getting barked at by dogs cause you look so damn suspicious.
-Having to entertain people in your house,
buying stuff you find so hard to let go off.
There's so many things I have to say
But I can't
Cause I know even those few words,
Could ruin the little I managed to salvage.
And I really wonder,
Why the sight of you makes me want to cry.
And you'd think by now,
I would have ran out of tears.
I thought so too,
Once upon a time.
But today I realised I was wrong.
Oh-so-wrong.
I wonder,
Why do I even give a damn?
Why I can't seem to let it slip,
Just like how I did with every other.
And what I'm doing right now,
Makes it all kinda obvious.
But I'm just saying,
Cause it was just a random thought.
Just a little piece of my mind.
That was supposed to put me at peace.
But clearly isn't working.
Cause I'm so tired.
I'm tired
Of pretending like everything's fine.
When I know I'm in denial.